09. Februar 2018 : International Summer School at the University of Zurich (UZH)
Hier finden Sie Informationen über die Summer School an der University of Zurich
UZH International Summer School, July 9 - 20, 2018
"How Switzerland got rich"
The University of Zurich is organising an international Summer School on the topic "How Switzerland got rich", which takes place from the 9 - 20 July 2018: UZHSummer2018
This short programme is open to Bachelor and Master students from all subject areas and will provide a historical, economical, political and socio-cultural overview of how Switzerland became the wealthy and globlised nation it is today. The programme includes academic day trips to some of the most important multinational companies and political landmarks.
Hosted by the Institute of Sociology, the program is worth 4 ECTS and students will:
- find out when and how Switzerland became wealthy despite its landlocked position and the mountains terrain
- learn about the humble beginnings of Medieval guilds and the origins of the banking system
- study early globalisers and industrialisers
- find out how various Swiss industries, for instance food, finance or watch-making, have become a global success stories
Application is now open and will close on the 30 April: Online Application Form